Before you hire a solar contractor, you need to be sure that you are getting the very best.
Here is a checklist for choosing a qualified solar contractor:
- Are you licensed? Is the license up-to-date?
- What kind of insurance do you carry?
- What type of system and size is appropriate for the location in question?
- What is the amount of energy output from the system you recommend? How will I be able to monitor the energy output?
- Can more panels be added in the future should my energy needs change?
- What is the timeframe from start to finish to complete the project?
- What PV brands do you work with and why? Where is the brand made? Does the manufacturer offer any warranties?
- What kind of permits need to be obtained before the project can begin? Do you get them? Who pays for them?
- What services and components are included in the initial bid? Is there anything I have to purchase myself?
- Is it an estimate that can be changed once the project begins or is the price fixed?
- Does the bid included a specific breakdown of each piece of equipment and component, including the make and model number, the size/KWh per year, and an itemized listing of each cost?
- Are there any tax incentives or rebates that this project qualifies for? Will you provide the paperwork I need to file?
- Do you offer financing or have a relationship with a bank for financing?